(First Name and Last Initial)
Advisory #: __________
You will be observing your host throughout the day. There are 3 parts to this assignment:
Part 1- The Interview: Observe your host at work, at some point interview your host and record/make notes of the results
Part 2 – Reflection: After the day is finished, reflect upon your experience and answer the reflection questions Part 3 – Post Your Assignment to Your Blog: Once you’re have completed Part 1 and Part 2 post it on your blog. Make sure you take pictures and/or videos to document your day, you can place them in your blog.
Name of your host: Larissa Wong
Relationship to you: My Aunt
The Interview: (ask your host these questions)
1. What is your job title? She is a Vice President in Cayenta
2. What is your job description? The job description is she must be able to have project management skills, product vision, financial savvy, superior communication skills, and understanding of the agile process. The Vice President of Research & Development is responsible for a continuous flow of product research and innovation leading to the improvement of existing products.
3. What are the duties and/or tasks you perform at your job?
My Aunt’s task is to lead the team she has of 60 people and check if they are doing their jobs and to see if they need help. Some of the services they do are consulting services, Tech Services, and BI (business intelligence) services.
4. What qualifications do you have for this job in the following areas?
Able to adapt and learn how to use new tech.
She needs a university degree
She needs 20 years of experience and financial background
d) skills and attributes (personal qualities)?
She needs communication skills, she needs to be proficient, and persuasive skills.
e) What are some of the things you like about the job? She says she likes how much freedom she gets, all the travelling she does, and working with her team.
5. What are some of the things you dislike about this job? She dislikes when she has to work long hours. For example, she doesn’t like having to come in at 7 am then leave at 7 pm and then have to fly down to Portland or somewhere for business.
6. How do you anticipate this job changing in the next 5 years or so? She anticipates her job in 5 years to have lots of new techs, and a new generation working in the consulting team.
Other question (s):
The department she works in is professional services.
1. Give three reasons why you would like this job (be specific):
a) A reason why I would love to work at this job is because of how much freedom she gets and how she and how much she travels.
b) Another reason is that I get to meet so many new people and help them do their jobs properly.
c) Another reason I would love this job is that they have so much with each other and they get so along with each other.
2. Give three reasons why you would not like this job (be specific):
a) I would also wouldn’t like the long days and all the travelling because you don’t get to see your family and friends.
b) I wouldn’t like this job because the work they do it’s just something I’m interested in.
3. Is this job for you? Why or why not?
I personally wouldn’t want this job. I say that because it’s just nothing I would look for in a job and wouldn’t see myself loving it, it’s something I wouldn’t want l.
4. Explain the value of the TYKTW experience in relation to your ideas about your post-secondary (after high school) plans (education? training?, travel?, work?).
I think it’s super valuable because it shows you the real world and how it works. It also lets you get to know your parents a bit more and see what they go through day and night. I find this also very valuable because it lets you experience working when your older and see if you would want to do something like that.